Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Long Time VS. Short Time

For this project I chose to look at time as a fossil (long) and technology as a time (short time) specifically Moore's Law on transistors. I wanted to bring the two times together by combining them, not just intertwining them, I wanted them to be one, unable to be separated.

I chose to make a plaster model of a fossilized computer chip. For this project, I had to think a little bit into the future, after all, in a million years, who knows what will be of us. Someone might be picking up fossilized computer chips.

Technology moves so fast and fossils take time, showing that one could have an effect on the other through ones process of moving to fast and being forgotten about and the others through preserved that which has been dead or forgotten stirred some interesting ideas in my mind and that's why I put them together.




No comments:

Post a Comment